I’m Stuart Jones, a web developer from Cardiff. I am currently living in London and working full time as an App Developer for Easyodds. In July 2015 I graduated from Cardiff University with a First Class Honours degree in Computer Science.
My main interests are web and mobile app development. Away from computers I enjoy travelling, having visited 45 countries including Australia, America and Egypt. In the summer of 2014 I went backpacking across Eastern Europe where I visited over 20 countries including Ukraine, Croatia, Poland and Estonia. Supporting both Cardiff City and Arsenal football teams is a passion of mine in conjunction with playing badminton and football at Cardiff University.
App Developer at Easyodds (July 2015 - Present):
- Full time job in London.
- Sole responsibility for several Easyodds mobile apps.
- Working with servers, databases, stored procedures, API's, caching, and front end web development
App Developer at Hoffi Limited (October 2014 - June 2015):
- Part time work during my final year at university to gain experience and earn some money.
- SocketIO, Twilio, Local storage, Photoshop, GPS and iBeacons.
Web Developer Internship at Cardiff University (July 2013 - June 2014):
- Submitted applications to the Apple and Android stores.
- Dealt with clients, worked to deadlines, managed and calculated the costs of projects.
- Worked as part of a team migrating old Joomla sites to WordPress creating child themes and plugins which were used across many University sites.
- Performed important backups and updates to the WordPress server using a Linux environment.
HTML5 Game Developer for Dan Bridge (August 2012 - June 2013):
- Gained experience in game and web development.
Bartender and Till Cashier at the Millenium and Cardiff City Stadium as part of the Compass Group (February 2012 - June 2013):
- Worked as a bartender and till cashier at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff City Stadium and Olympics.
- Improved communication and team working skills.
- Part time work to earn some money during my time at university.
- 5-9 hour shifts serving customers alcohol, soft drinks and food.
Computer Science BSc at Cardiff University (2011 - 2015):
- First Year: 66%
- Second Year: 69%
- Third Year (Placement year): 76%
- Fourth Year: 75%
Degree Classification: First Class Honours